Job Posting: Campaigns Assistant
Canadians for Tax Fairness is seeking a part-time office management, online campaigns and fundraising assistant to boost the capacity and effectiveness of its operations.
• Coordinate improvements and fixes to the website (fixing French section of website, developing better user interface for donation pages, liaising between organization and contract website developers, assessing problem areas and proposing improvements)
• Produce content for website.
• Produce content for social media (images, info-graphics, memes, etc.)
• Identify and build relations with online ‘influencers’ (i.e. sympathetic organizations, bloggers, and individuals who might be able to expand our reach).
• Develop strategies for online outreach to supporters (i.e. e-actions, e-newsletter, crowd sourcing, finding new and effective ways to keep our supporters engaged).
• Support online fundraising efforts.
• Follow up with board members efforts to recruit donors.
• Prepare reports measuring and evaluating fundraising activities, identify trends / patterns, develop strategies and adapt messaging for audiences.
• Draft copy for e-mail fundraising.
• Coordinate volunteer recruitment for phone canvas.
• Develop resources for information tables at events, find opportunities for promotion and outreach and coordinate with volunteers to help make it happen.
• Check database for expired credit cards of monthly donors, duplicate files, etc.
• Send e-mail to monthly donors.
• Assist with event planning and organizing (fundraising-related or otherwise).
• Design of graphics, print documents, brochures, etc.
• Arrange for updating and printing of fact sheets and other promotional literature.
• Organize office (organize better filing system, organize resources, publications, office supplies.)
• Experience working on social justice advocacy campaigns.
• Superior writing and copy-editing skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate in clear, accessible style.
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to produce results in a fast paced environment and on tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated skills in designing website and print resources and using graphic design, database and online communications tools.
• University degree in Social Sciences, Communications, Journalism or Economics preferred.
• Self-initiating, flexible and able to succeed in a non-hierarchical, collaborative environment.
• Commitment to goals of Canadians for Tax Fairness.
• Fluency in French and English would be an asset.
This is a short-term, part-time contract position starting on or around June 23. Terms of the contract are 10 weeks of 30 hours a week @ $20/hr. ie. $600 per week.
June 10, 2016 Resumes will be accepted electronically in plain text, Word or PDF format at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify "Campaigns Assistant Job Posting" in the subject line. For more information on Canadians for Tax Fairness see our web site at: www.taxfairness.ca