CBC Power & Politics with Evan Solomon: Interview with Tax Justice Network's James Henry & MPs Cathy McLeod, Hoang Mai and Scott Brison (skip to 1:14:00), Oct. 30, 2012.
Global Television: Opposition, Critics Call for Crack Down on Tax Evaders, Oct. 29, 2012.
Huffington Post: Tax Evasion: Canada Doing Less Than Other Countries To Catch Rich Tax Cheats, Critics Charge, Nov. 1, 2012.
- CBC Radio Canada International: Interview with Dennis Howlett on tax havens, Oct. 30, 2012.
- Huffington Post: Tax Evasion Canada: Harper Government accused of stonewalling 'tax gap' estimate, Mar. 7, 2013.
Toronto Star: Cracking down on offshore tax dodgers should be budget priority, Mar. 13, 2013.
- Tax Havens: The Great Scam: Animated video produced by the Quebec public sector union centre, Secrétariat intersyndical des services publics in associaiton with Échec aux paradis fiscaux.
- Tackle Tax Havens: Animated video produced for the Tax Justice Network's Tackle Tax Havens campaign.
Treasure Islands: Tax Havens and the Men Who Stole the World by Nicholas Shaxson (2011): a look at how global corporations use tax havens to avoid billions of dollars in taxes.
Offshore: Tax havens and the rule of global crime by Alain Deneault (2011): describes a global base of operations from which massive criminal enterprises and corrupt corporations operate freely and with impunity, menacing developing nations and advanced democracies alike.
Bill Gates, Pay Your Fair Share of Taxes...Like We Do! by Brigitte Alepin (2012): Many experts and financial journalists dismiss the idea that higher taxes for rich people and large corporations would make a difference to government revenues. Even Bill Gates' personal fortune wouldn't make a dent in the huge US government deficit. But Harvard-trained economist and tax expert Brigitte Alepin has a different point of view. Brigitte Alepin shows how a fair tax system for Bill Gates and for the world's richest individuals and corporations can be the answer to the financial crisis the world faces today.
ARTICLES AND BRIEFS
- Canadians for Tax Fairness, Brief to the House of Commons Finance Committee on Tax Havens, February 14, 2013.
- Tax troubles: How TNCs enhance profits by avoiding taxes by Peter Gillespie, in Third World Resurgence, Issue No. 268, December 2012.
- A Message to Tax Cheats: Give Us Back Our Money by Murray Dobbin, October 2012.
- Canadian money in tax havens at an all time high by Toby Sanger, August 2012.
BLOGS + DIGITAL ARCHIVES
TAX JUSTICE NETWORK
- Briefing Paper: Tax Information Exchange Arrangements (2009; 218KB)